Saturday, May 3, 2014

Stacking the Shelves: I'm Halfway Gone


Stacking the Shelves is a weekly Saturday book meme from Tynga's Reviews, all about sharing the books you've added to your shelves over the course of the week.


Quelle surprise, it's Week 5, I'm a little bit over a month out from summer, sunshine, and relative freedom, and I'm stressed out of my mind. Not only is it the ever-increasing workload and my ever-diminishing motivation to do any of it, but also the sunshine, the promise of better work that I can work out for myself, the buzz around our sorority of the approaching Recruitment season, and the excitement of The Cheerleader's senior year of high school and all it's accompanying excitement. 

So, naturally, instead of doing absolutely anything I was supposed to do on Thursday - I may or may not have taken the unnatural 85 degree Seattle weather to skip my classes and lay out on the lawn all day, oops! -  I decided to purchase a couple of books instead. (Don't worry, Dad, they were all about $1.99 each, so no major wallet burn here!) 

162483111986021313127599

13540215
2815590Xenophobia, Peter Cawdron
 The Shoemaker's Wife, Adriana Trigiani

           
The Perfume Collector: A Novel, Kathleen                                               Tessaro
                 The Orchardist, Amanda Caplin
                           Serena, Ron Rash
       All the Summer Girls: A Novel, Meg Donohue
                 Vintage: A Novel, Susan Gloss 
1624817318090110

1 comment:

  1. OK, since when would I be more concerned by book purchases over SKIPPING YOUR CLASSES!?!!

    ReplyDelete