Monday, February 10, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Books That Will Make You Swoon

"Top Ten Tuesday" is a weekly countdown meme, hosted by the Broke and the Bookish



Alright, we just covered last week what sort of books make me cry, and now, we're onto books that make me swoon, and just like last time, it's not a topic that I engage in quite regularly. Even when there is a swoon-worthy hero, I'm not usually the kind of girl to go all week-kneed just because of a well-written wooer.

In fact, in writing this list, there were a couple of specific patterns that began to develop... which begs the question, do I have a type? Which of these handsome fellows is really my fictional fantasy man?

19th Century Gentlemen

1. Mr. Fitzwilliam Darcy - Pride and Prejudice, by Jane Austen
2. Mr. Edward Rochester - Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
3. Teddy Cutting - The Luxe series by Anna Godberson 
4. Kartik - A Great and Terrible Beauty series by Libba Bray

Modern Day Man-of-my-Dreams


5. Etienne St. Clair - Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
6. Owen Armstrong - Just Listen, by Sarah Dessen 
7. Park Sheridan - Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell 

Prince Charming

8. Kyle Kingsbury - Beastly by Alex Flinn
9. All of the Leading Men of The Once Upon a Time series, especially the ones by Debbie Viguie and Cameron Dokey
10. Westley - The Princess Bride by William Goldman 

Who are your Top Ten? 

4 comments:

  1. Nobody can beat Mr. Darcy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh Mr. Darcy! Good one :) You're the first one to include him on your list from the ones I've seen today so far. I haven't read Eleanor & Park yet, but I just got it for Christmas and can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mr. Rochester for sure! I also love all the guys from the Once Upon a Time series!
    My ttt
    http://hauntedgravebooks.blogspot.com/2014/02/top-ten-books-that-will-make-you-swoon.html

    ReplyDelete