Thursday, February 13, 2014

College Fashion Post Link Up: Howl's Moving Castle (Part Two!)

Well, I don't know how the hell that happened, but apparently the ranks of College Fashion readers conceal a lot more closet fantasy and anime nerds than I could ever have hoped possible, because my previous CF post, detailing some retro, girly fashion inspired by the fantasy masterpiece Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones ended up accumulating 28 comments, making it my most popular article to date on the site. Like, what?

Once I got over the shock, I began to see that there were a couple of things about the post that may have heralded in such arduous fans, such as wooing the dual nerd-camps of both fantasy lovers and anime kids, creating looks that fit both the feel of the book and the style of the movie, and throwing in some tidbits for super-fans to glom on to, that made the article so beloved. Honestly, in a time of not quite so many commenters as I would hope for on my usual articles, I appreciated the support. Therefore, I decided to use this completely unbidden response to my utmost advantage, answering the cries of more than one commenter for a sequel with a shrug, and deftly-wielded outfit-building ability.

Now, here we are, with a second part - my first ever! - to placate, nay, enthrall the fangirl masses, and I sure as heck hope I don't disappoint. Here's one of my favorite outfits from the post, styled around the Castle itself, just to give you a taste of what you're in for...

No comments:

Post a Comment