Monday, November 1, 2010

Happy NaNoWriMo!

So, even though I am not able to participate this year, due to many pre-existing obligations (namely school and some insane need to get a perfect 4.0), I completely support and congratulate all of the brave souls embarking on their various writing vehicles this month for NaNoWriMo!

For those not in the know, NaNoWriMo stands for National Novel Writing Month! Participants pledge to devote their time during November to writing a book (at least a total of 50, 000 words, about 175 pages). If they succeed, they have the option of getting their book published, as well as a nifty tee! It's a super cool process, and I celebrated my first NaNo last year.

I only got about half way through my book. This was probably due to the fact that though I drafted three seperate possible story arcs, I did not choose the strongest one, but the one that I had the most enthusiasm about, a sort of YA horror/mystery deal. Regrettably, the plot lacked a sturdy line to follow, and careened violently off path about 4 pages in, sort of like a roller coaster that bursts off the tracks while climbing up the beginning hill, and runs, to your horror, uncontrolled, around the rest of the amusement park. Or something like that.

Anywho, though I am not actively participating this year, I actively support those who are! Have a lot of fun, guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment