Monday, May 4, 2015

Lay it All Out

There's this quote I love from Mindy Kaling's book, Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? 

“I do not think stress is a legitimate topic of conversation, in public anyway. No one ever wants to hear how stressed out anyone else is, because most of the time everyone is stressed out. Going on and on in detail about how stressed out I am isn’t conversation. It’ll never lead anywhere. No one is going to say, “Wow, Mindy, you really have it especially bad. I have heard some stories of stress, but this just takes the cake.”


This book is one of my favorites, and for good reason - it's realistic, relatable, and righteously funny. I love it because it applies so well to the twenty-something life, and because her words are so matter-of-fact and unabashedly spoken I have no trouble taking them as sacrosanct. That's why what she had to say about stress spoke to me so loudly... and why I've been trying to speak less about stress since then. 

So, instead of boring you with details about my two-month absence, I'll show you all this instead: my new blog design! 

The spur for revitalizing the design is actually kind of tragic: I was tired of juggling multiple Google accounts after they bought out Blogger, so I consolidated my email and blogger profiles under one Google account. Unfortunately, this caused me to lose a lot more than just time switching between tags... all of my photos I had uploaded under that secondary account were now gone! Thusly, I languished, not wanting to post anything new... until I took to the same pathway in every teen movie I've ever worshiped: the power of the makeover!

True, it's not earth-shattering, but it is a step forward, and it is mine. In case you needed a reminder, here's what my blog looked like before:



Like I said, earth firmly retaining its position, here. However, the changes that I did make are noticeable enough, and important enough to me, to warrant commentary: I switched up all the fonts, I've got myself a firm color scheme, the header tags are back, and I've got a beautiful new profile picture up, to remind you all of what my face looks like (like you could have possibly forgotten).

Plenty of changes are still underway, too: the "Review Policy" tag finally has an updated version under it, but the "Review Library" page is in need of some desperate refurbishing. There's still some tweaking I want to do with the layout, but there's plenty of changes going to be going on in what I post, as well, with a higher focus on visual content, and more frequent, quality posts with maybe a little less length than before (I get it, I ramble). 

If you've stuck with me this long, thank you so much for enduring the shift. If you're just getting started on this particular branch of crazy train, welcome aboard! I hope you're as excited to be here as I still am. 

No comments:

Post a Comment