Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Coming Attractions: October

{A festively Fall calendar for October, straight from Oana Befort!}

Bow down to Washington! I am back in the full swing of things up here in Seattle, and it is feeling good to have a schedule again. Being in a sorority and school is always busy, and yet, with the new year, I find new energy, and am on the lookout for a new internship or job I can fill the rest of my time with... when I'm not working on updating this blog, of course! 

Can you tell that I'm raring to go this month? It's going to be a good one; I can feel it. It's my birth month - I'm turning 21 on the 15th! - and the leaves are turning, and the weather is starting to fade to that cool chill and brisk sunshine I love so much. Not to mention there's just 30 more days 'til Halloween! Yup, life is good. 

SEPTEMBER HIGHLIGHTS

{#tbt to Disneyland, we left you too soon!; Sigma Kappa walking to End Alzheimer's; and my sister, The Cheerleader, participating in her first philanthropy with Alpha Chi Omega!} 

these are a few of my favorite links...

1. If you're like me, and have had Lena Dunham's new book, Not That Kind of Girl, pre-ordered since July, then you've probably heard about her funny and (and often poignant) "Ask Lena" web series!

2. Taking a short story-oriented English class this Quarter has already got me feeling some kind of way about small-length literary content, which is what makes this Flavorwire collection of "50 Essays Guaranteed to Make You a Better Person" so appealling!  

3. Did you know that The New Yorker hosts a free podcast, with fiction editor Deborah Treisman, discussing a monthly-chosen short story? Now you do!

4. Banned Books Week has already passed, but some schools celebrated it the worst way possible: by banning MORE books from notable authors like Sherman Alexie and John Green. Annie Julia Wyman writes for The New Yorker about how it felt when her high school started changing up their curriculum for the worse.

5. And just the title of this post from Hello Giggles should be enough to get you pumped: How to Host a Jane Austen Girl's Night In! 

quote of the month

DD_HenryDavidThoreau
{courtesy of Verily Mag!}

No comments:

Post a Comment