Saturday, November 5, 2011

New Haul

It's only when you have one of the busiest weeks ever that you really appreciate how much stuff ended up coming together!
I finished Madeleine L'Engle's a Wrinkle in Time (still as excellent as ever, in case you were wondering), as well as my Marvel Ghost Rider: Danny Ketch bday present (which, once you get past the overt '90s-ness of it, is pretty awesome!).
I received my new, hardcover copy of Tamora Pierce's Mastiff [Beka Cooper Book 3] in the mail a few days ago, and then one of the biggest windfalls of new material happened this morning, at the Puyallup Fairgrounds' bi-annual Antique Show. Trolling through the entire showroom, I snagged a copy of J.M.Barrie's Peter and Wendy (Grosset & Dunlap, 1911), and two cooking pamphlets from 1936 and 1940, as well as Early Americans Recipes: Traditional Recipes from the New England Kitchen (Phillips Publishers, 1953). I love old children's classics, and I'm always looking for cool, vintage beauty, housekeeping, etiquette, and cooking books, so I always manage to find at least one awesome source of reading material here!
But that's not all! I also picked up the Secret in the Old Well [a Dana Girls mystery] from "Carolyn Keene" (Grosset & Dunlap, 1944), as well as 5 new-to-me Nancy Drews (Grosset & Dunlap, 1953, 1963, 1964) to add to my collection!
So, it's nice to know that even if I almost lost my mind this week, what with all the things that needed to be done, I could still take the time to get through some reading I've been trying to finish, as well as beef up my bookshelf. :)

#9. Madeleine L'Engle's a Wrinkle in Time. Social outcast Meg Murray, as well as her brother Charles, and a neighborhood boy named Calvin, travel out of this world in order to save Earth from the Dark Thing, and get Meg's father back.
#10. Marvel's Ghost Rider: Danny Ketch. A teenage boy finds himself transforming into the Spirit of Vengeance, with the help of an otherworldly motorcycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment