Monday, October 31, 2011

Man, This IS Scary...


Happy Halloween, everybody!

Of course, the threat of a looming pile of Calc homework and Chem studying doesn't make it so happy for ME, but, you know... it's a holiday. :) And if there's anything worth celebrating, it's buckets of candy, pop-culture-referencing costumes, haunted houses, and Ghost Hunters Live Investigation on SyFy.

Now here's something truly scary: I've been attempting to reread one of my favorite books, Madeleine L'Engle's A Wrinkle in Time, for the past TWO WEEKS. Yes, I'm being serious. Two weeks spent on a 210 page book. And I'm only on page 129. Curse you, AP teachers, who expect too much out of our mostly-apathetic teenage minds! [Especially on the topic of molar volumes in relation to a gas...] Yeah, I've been stuck with a lot of homework recently, which means a severe lack of reading time for me.

Geez, do these trick-or-treaters never stop coming??? Well, at least SOME of them are still young enough to actually be out there...

At any rate, here's my costume for tonight. My Mom works as an administrator at Virginia Mason hospital in Seattle, so when her Operating Room team got new scrubs, I got some of their old ones! :) Work in a little Frankentein, and you've got me: the ill-fated experiment of a demented OpRoom surgeon, who held such control over what kept a man from death, that he tried to do the same with life. Or something. Anyways, I like it.

And here's what I plan on reading as soom as I escape Camazotz. My Dad, one of the coolest people EVER, got it for me for my bday two weeks ago, along with a $50 gift card to a comic book store in Tacoma. He and the Cheerleader usually make fun of me, for my full support of Nicholas Cage and the Ghost Rider franchise, and technically we aren't allowed to have the movie in the house because my Mom doesn't like it (she doesn't allow HellBoy for the same reason), but I still really love the guy. Top 3, probably. This is the Danny Ketch version, not Johnny Blaze, though, so I'm excited to read it.

Anyhow, Happy Halloween once again, and all that. Tomorrow marks the first day of NaNoWriMo 2011, so I'm praying for all you daring souls who actually think you have a chance of making it to December 1st with your heads still screwed the right way 'round. You guys go face that challenge, while I face the challenge of handling this nasty grease-based makeup and the inevitable acne outbreaks that follow. One of us is bound to succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment