Friday, June 26, 2015

Link Love: Friday Faves

Happy Friday, everyone! It's been a hell of a week, especially for those of us on college campuses where school for the Summer Quarter has started once again (No, I'm not taking classes, but now there's all of these pedestrians to contend with that weren't there before...). 

At least it's the weekend, now, and while I may not be able to go camping with my family like I might have wished, at least the Pre-Launch Party for the company I'm interning for is this upcoming Sunday. Wish me luck! 


Out of Print has plenty of awesome new releases for summer tee shirt season... and they're now selling plus-size, as well! 

I've found myself rewatching the Emma Approved web series for a little bit of confidence inspiration, and stumbled upon this article from last year, about why it didn't do as well as Pemberley Digital's much-lauded previous success, The Lizzie Bennet Diaries. What do you think?

I have a NEED for books on my legs!

And an adorable street library somewhere in the Greek neighborhood!

Epic Reads just released an informative and inspiring history of YA books, that has me wanting to revisit some of the old favorites featured in it.

Ugh, what a sucky title. I was fully prepared to disparage Bustle's choices with this "Book Club Picks for Millenials (Yes, We Read)" nonsense... until I saw how great they were. And, of course, Jasper Fforde's Thursday Next series should always be praised.

This interview with Queen of Everything S. J. Maas was published back in February, but I hadn't gotten around to really reading it until this past week! (Warning, contains spoilers for all published works thus far in the Throne of Glass series!)

And there's always time for one of my favorite passages from Sylvia Plath, especially in comic-book form.


QUICK HITS 


  • What I'm listening to: When I'm at the gym, it's a two-song playlist of Life of Dillon's "Dreams" and ZZ Ward's "Put the Gun Down" for a full 20 minutes on the elliptical. 
  • What I've been snacking on: GoPicnic is basically a grown up Lunchables, my favorite being complete with spreadable cheese, crackers, salami, trail mix and chocolate cookie bites. And yes, there's an activity on the inside of the box. 
  • What I've been obsessing over: The Seattle startup I'm managing social media for, Tiviti, is basically like a Build-a-Bear for body lotion, and right now, there's little I love more than slathering on some of our Peach Vanilla flavor. (Got a teenage girl who'd be interested in coming to the Pre-Launch Party? RSVP here!) 


What good reads have you seen on the feeds this week? What are your plans for such a lovely summer weekend? Let me know, in the comments below! 

No comments:

Post a Comment