Friday, August 24, 2012

Stuck in Airplane Mode

After a long, difficult, busy summer, with everyone in the family working on their various projects and running to the frenetic beats of their own various drummers, we've finally been able to take a good, long vacation.

Last week, it was a glorious six days in my favorite climate and location in the entire world: Disneyland, California. I'll move there someday. Hopefully, at some point in my life, I get to work for Disney. Anyone who knows how much I love anything related to Disney knows exactly how little I'm kidding when I say that. Anyways, we all supremely enjoyed ourselves in the Happiest Place on Earth, and then returned home.

The day after we left Cali, we arrived in Sun River, Oregon, and this almost-as-equally-blissful venue is where you may currently find us: soaking up the remnants of the summer sun, reading in the hammock, lounging by the pool, etc. The rustic-yet-chic attitude of the entire resort is incredibly appealing, and I can sincerely say that I'd love to retire here, simply because of the relaxed, lazy, and enjoyable surroundings.

In other words, this brief blog post is all about making excuses: I've been working diligently all summer, and I simply haven't had time to update because I've been too busy enjoying myself. Sorry.

However, that is not to say that I won't be posting soon: my own father was horrified by the six books I packed in my "fun" bag (and little did he know that I packed an additional six in my luggage), so I'll find something to talk about soon enough. 

And it's not like I haven't been working at least a little bit. I just spent the last three hours writing a 2,125 word children's book. And I'm proud of the way I spent my time, because I don't get as much time to write anymore, and I love how the story turned out. So, myeeehh, haters.

Anyways, you can tell even in my short explanation here that I'm exhausted. And vacations are all about renewal, so... I'll blog post next when my brain cells are fully regenerated, and I'm focusing on more than simply when I get to eat next. I'll see you when the sun of my head finally rises off of the couch cushions, giving dawn to another bright idea. Or, whatever. See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment